Does any of my work experience count?
OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE (Grandfather clause)
Grandfathering - The NBCAAM Board is providing credit hours to individuals who have extensive work experience. Work experience is defined as performing an equine/canine massage or acupressure session for a client and/or conducting a talk or workshop specifically on the topic of equine/canine massage or acupressure.
Grandfathering - Occupational Experience -
Verification of occupational experience is an essential requirement for hourly credit.
a. Each year of full time work (2,000 hours) will be granted 30 hours of credit. Prorate hours for part-time work can equal 1000 hours = 15 qualifying hours. Applicant must be working at least ½ time (1000 hours per year) to qualify hours.
b. This form, properly completed, must be included with the application form. One form for each past employer or each period of self-employment is required.
Please copy and use additional forms as needed for each employer. Verification of work experience must be notarized.
i. Please use this form to submit these hours.
c. Supporting Documentation must include:
1. Signed and dated by employer if applicable for all hours worked (veterinarian, rehab facility, etc) or proof of past employment can include job contract, W2s, paystubs or other.
i. Supporting Documentation for Self-employed:
1. Official Business Name and license #s as applicable (Tax ID#, LLC, Business License(s))
2. State business is recorded in
3. A copy of a completed session sheet for each 2000 hours submitted.
(Not to be evaluated, but to show applicant is working in massage / acupressure and keeping records of the work).
4. Form must be notarized that all information if true and accurate.
d. This Grandfather Clause will be available for application through December 31, 2025.
iii. Further cases will be accepted after 12-31-25 by petition only and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.