Fri, Sep 27|
Dogsafe Pet CPR and First Aid
Learn skills and gain confidence to deal with any pet emergency until veterinary care is available. From head to tail wellness assessments to how to respond to broken limbs and deadly bleeding, choking, seizures, and poisonings, and lots more. 3 year certificate.
Time & Location
Sep 27, 2019, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Highline College, Des Moines, WA 98198, USA
About the Event
Would you know what to do if your dog…Choked on a piece of food? Ate something poisonous? Severely cut his paw? Collapsed and his heart stopped? Was hit by a car? Lost an eye in a dog fight?
DOGSAFE® Canine First Aid 101
Certification Course, Continuing Education Credits Approved by: CCPDT (7), IACP, (7) and IAABC
A comprehensive full day course designed to teach responsible dog owners and dog professionals the knowledge and skills to respond to a sick or injured dog until veterinary care is available, and to help you determine if veterinary care is required. The topics are covered in-depth so that students have a thorough understanding of the principles of canine first aid. Since this is a very comprehensive course, we need your full attention and dogs do not come to class.
You’ll learn how to:
- prevent common injuries
- conduct a head to tail assessment
- tell if your dog is experiencing pain
- recognize 4 signs of illness or injury
- respond to any emergency in 4 easy steps
- safely approach an injured dog
- take your dog’s vital signs and 3 other health tests
- perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- perform artificial respiration
- remove an airway obstruction (choking)
- prevent and treat for shock
- control deadly bleeding
- respond to penetrating objects
- prevent and treat eye injuries
- prevent and treat abdominal wounds
- recognize risk factors and respond to bloat
- prevent and respond to drowning
- assess and respond to bone and joint injuries
- prevent and respond to poisonings
- prevent and respond to frostbite and hypothermia
- prevent and respond to heatstroke
- treat minor burns
- treat and manage wounds
- respond to seizures and more
Our training tools include canine resuscitation manikins, plush demo dogs, bandages, first aid kits, even fake guts, eyeballs and more. The class also includes the Dogsafe® 101 manual, “Dogsafe: Everything Your Dog Wants You to Know in an Emergency by Michelle Sevigny,” (118 pages, 56 real-life photographs, comprehensive and veterinary reviewed).
Upon Graduation, You’ll Receive:
Upon successful completion, you will be granted a frame-ready 8 1/2″ x 11″ certificate that you can be proud of! The Dogsafe® name is recognized and respected as the leader in canine first aid and safety training and you’ll be able to proudly display the Dogsafe® Certified logo to your clients, on your company website, brochures and business cards. Dog professionals will also be listed on the Dogsafe® ‘Find a Certified Dog Professional’ webpage, at Dogsafe.ca.
Dogsafe First Aid